Friday, March 27, 2020

{Review} 이태원 클라쓰 (Itaewon Class)

Synopsis
Original Title: 이태원 클라쓰
Director: Kim Seong Yoon
Written By: Kwang Jin
Network: JTBC
Episodes: 16
Released: January 31, 2020
Genre: Kdrama/Heartfelt/Romance/Mafia
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 10/10
Add To: Netflix
Itaewon Class tells the story of ex-convict Park Sae-ro-yi (Park Seo-joon) whose life has been turned upside down after he gets expelled from school for punching a bully and his father is killed in an accident. Following his father's steps, he opens his bar-restaurant DanBam (Sweet Night) in Itaewon and, along with his manager and staff, strive towards success and reaching greater heights.
(Source: Wikipedia)
+Adapted from the popular Daum webtoon of the same name.


My Thoughts
★★★★★★★★★★  Stars
I CAN'T EVEN WITH THIS SHOWWWWW!!!!!!!
Has anyone seen my mind? It blew and I'm not sure where it landed. Nope, not blowing smoke. Totally honest. I admit I have seen a lot of Kdramas... Okay not A LOT - a lot... but I've seen my fair share so far. I must say this show... Had a lot of things that I haven't seen before when it comes to dramas. I'm not saying they haven't been in others, I'm just saying it's new to me and I haven't seen it before. Just a few examples: a openly gay actor who plays the gay guy (Hong Seok-cheon, I'm looking at you, boo!) to a transgender character, lets face it, that is taboo in a lot of places, hat's off to the writer and director to being open with it and actually showing some of the problems transgender people have to go through. There is so much more that just left me shook about this show and I loved it and want to say more but I don't want to give it away.

I loved all of the character developments! Holy crap! I don't think there was one character who didn't grow in one way or another... and by that I mean up or down. Some characters went to the dark side I never thought I'd see em go to. X_X

Now the only thing I didn't like about this show was the actor that played Toni. Oof I know that sounds terrible but I feel like they could have picked someone better to play him? He seemed so monotone and he just wasn't a very enjoyable character. I feel like he brought down a scene because he just fell flat. No matter what the scene was going though. Happy, sad, mad... I felt like a wall showed more expression... UNLESS that is how the character was supposed to be, I'll admit it here that I have not read the series it was based off of, I know I need to. I realize a lot can change thought wise when you read the book something is based off of... Unless it's Twilight. Kristen was the worst. BUT THAT'S A DIFFERENT STORY!! lol anyway What I'm trying to say is... I wish there was more to his character. Especially since his scenes were so little. That's just me though.

There aren't may things I have watched that as soon as I finish them, I instantly want to rewatch them. I think the last drama that evoked (invoked?)  that feeling in me was Boys Over Flowers.. So for me to find another show that leaves me feeling like that is amazing. It's like a really good book that leaves you with a book hangover... This would be a drama hangover I guess? Haha!
As much as I wish I could rewatch this right now, I do need to finish Kingdom and the books I have been reading. Lol Goodness. X_X

If I could give this more than 10 stars, I would. There just aren't enough stars. From the setting to the actors to the acting, to the storyline... everything was amazing and whatever feeling you were meant to feel, trust me, you'll feel them.... Unless you are a robot. Lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top