Thursday, January 16, 2020

{Review} Adeline's Aria by Laynie Bynum

Synopsis
Title: Adeline's Aria
Series: Infernal Echo #1
Author: Laynie Bynum
Pages: 264
Published: January 28th 2020
Publisher: Fire and Ice YA
Genre: Young Adult/Contemporary/Romance
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads

What would you give up to be with your idol? Your reputation? Your best friend? Your sanity?
Addie is a small-town high school senior with a best friend to take care of and college plans to figure out. Jude is a British rock star turned actor and one-half of Hollywood's favorite "it" couple along side his co-star Lana Thatcher.
When the two cross paths at a music festival in Addie's hometown and begin an undercover whirlwind romance, the press becomes vicious, his faux fiance flames rumors, and Addie must decide if her "dream come true" is worth the nightmare it is turning into.
Fans of GEEKERELLA and YOU'D BE MINE will love this Young Adult Rockstar Romance.


My Thoughts
★★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for a honest review.

For every girl who has ever made her phone background the lead singer of her favorite band.

My brain still hasn't stopped screaming in pterodactyl... But lets just wing this review shall we!

Okay so ... I ... WHAT THE HECK!!! ... I hate that I loved this book so much (lol). If I am honest, around the middle of the book I was 98% sure I was going to rate this book at least 3 stars. Oof! Not because of the writing or anything! BUT BECAUSE OF JUDE! Oh my GAH! This man will make you hate every male on earth. (Laynie, why did you write him so well!? Haha!)

Y'all. Don't let that scare you off! Adeline's Aria was so fantastically written. I damn near don't have the words for it. Laynie Bynum has one hell of a talent that will make you become her character. If you read this book, prepare to leave your life behind because once you start page one, your life is no longer your own. You are now Adeline. Don't believe me? Try it. I dare you.

What would you give up to be with your idol? Your reputation? Your best friend? Your sanity?

Oh hell, we all lost our sanity reading this book. I loved Jude.. and I fucking hated his guts. I hate how he treated her when things got down to the nitty-gritty. It really did make me hate him. Even by the end of the book, I still wasn't completely sold on him. Yet it also made me fangirl. You know, I talk a lot of mess.. But I have to remind myself, what would I give up if one of these men came knocking:

(Let's face it, I could go on forever here)
I would lose my ever living gotdamn mind, Don't even @ me. We all have someone we would go crazy for... some of us (*cough* kpop stans *cough*) have a group we would lose it over.

Anywho, back to the point and story! Lol I really loved the writing and the storyline. Let's face it, Laynie is or was a fangirl in her life at one point. She wrote straight facts! Lol

And can we talk about the diversity in this book!? Every book I have every read, if a mental illness is mentioned, it's usually in passing or someone ending up in a hospital. I've never read a book (until now) where it's a MC who lives life with it. Like this story not only gives you a unique storyline but it also gives you a full blown experience of what it's like to live with a mental illness. Not just one either, Because a few characters suffer from different illnesses and even a sexual identity is mentioned that, IMO, is not talked about enough! So hats off! Because this is the best damn book I have read this year and good luck to the next books I read, they are going to have a lot of trouble topping this one.

I feel like there is so much more I want to talk about in my review but I am so scared I will give to much away. I just loved this book so much. Even if I did hate one or two characters with a passion, in the end, I am still extremely excited! Lol

And... can I just leave this review with a big ol: I freaking love Jude's mum. The woman is a saint!!

~~Side note: will probably add more to this later when I can sort my thoughts better.

Update:
My brain still hasn't stopped screaming, but at this point, I'm totally okay with it because that is just the fangirl needing book two now.

I want to scream mega props to the author (I should have mentioned this earlier) y'all, she is the first author I have ever seen that posts a link to the trigger areas for her book. Which you can find: HERE. This made my heart soar!

Looking back on my reading updates, you could definitely cue up Katy Perry "You're hot then you're cold, you're yes then you're no, you're in then you're out, you're up then you're down." Lol
But then again, so was Jude.... So we are EVEN..... Right?

I will always stand behind: Fuck Juna. Burn that ship with a torch.

The only parts I was not a fan of was how Jude seemed to be gaslighting her, that really pissed me off. But in the end, I'm starting to think he was just that dumb? Hell, honestly, I have no idea. All I know is I am so so SOOOOO fucking glad that Adeline stood up to him and put him in his place.

It broke my heart that she felt like she needed to fix everyone though. (don't you just love mental illness? *sarcasm* don't @ me, I've been in this spot) Like it was all on her that she needed to be around certain people to keep them from falling to pieces even though she was falling apart herself and when she did find happiness, it blew up in her face, because while she was happy, someone was falling apart and they made her feel bad for being happy at that time. (there is more to that story that i can't say without giving it away, so PLEASE read the book!) But I LOVED later when the person had calmed down and it was time for them to be there for Addy and they were like "No, it's not your fault this happened. Just like it wasn't your fault that happened to me." kinda thing. I freaking love their Stardust relationship! Honestly, it reminds me of me and my sister. My sister has always been my backbone, so I felt their friendship on a spiritual level.

I loved the relationship with her and Jude's friends/family... Well... Some of them. But that's what makes it so real to me. Some welcome you, others, not so much. But those that do have such a deep bond that it just makes you want to cry.

Honestly at this point, I could go on and on for my love of this book but considering I pretty much just wrote a chapter about this book, I realize, I need to stop. Lol

If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top