Friday, December 27, 2019

{Review} The Witch of Gray's Point by J.P. Barnett

Synopsis

Title: The Witch of Gray's Point: A Creature Feature Horror Suspense
Series: Lorestalker Book 3
Author: J.P. Barnett
Pages: 233
Published: December 2nd 2019
Publisher: Evolved Publishing LLC
Genre: Adult/Supernatural/Thriller
My rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads

It hides in the shadows, waits in the desert, ready to pounce on any who enter its domain.

To Miriam Brooks, a solo study trip to an abandoned desert ranch house sounds like the perfect respite from the world, a way to unwind and center herself after a string of unbelievable encounters with terrifying monsters.
Yet the desert isn't devoid of life. Something lurks outside her window, changing its form to suit its mysterious needs. She's familiar with the stories, but legend becomes reality when she stands face-to-face with a soulless copy of herself.
Another day, another monster… but before she can act, Miriam is unexpectedly flanked by the father she's been trying to avoid, along with two cocky assistants who don't understand the threat they face. She's equipped to battle the shape-shifting terror hiding in the darkness, but being forced to finally confront her father might just kill her.


My Thoughts
★★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for a honest review.

At this point, we should already know this book is going to be a 5 star for me. I mean, LOOK WHO WROTE IT!!! .... Does the man ever write a bad book? I mean... does he? now I'm curious. Lol

Barnett did it again! He managed to write another amazing book that manages to keep you on the edge of your seat while! "The Barnett" should totally be a roller coaster name. He would own the damn thing. The man has no shame! (kidding.... maybe. lol)

I honestly didn't expect that ending. Even with his previous two books, which left me shook, this one left me like "now hold the hell up. Say what now?" Haha I really enjoyed this story. I actually think it might be my favorite so far? Though taking in there are others on the way, I don't want to count my skinwalkers before they... hatch? get turned? What the hell ever it's called. hahah

This is where I mention the characters right? How is it that Barnett can make you like a character you previously hated? Honestly? Because even I'm still like "Okay... why do I like you now because you were annoying as hell before" XD Except Brynn! There is no saving her! Can we kill her now? I know in the previous books I've said I didn't like at least one or 2 characters (Miriam's dad being the main disliked one in every book) man, I would sooner hang out with him than deal with Brynn. Ugh. X_X

I'm really wondering how the next book will tie in with this book. I know they all have their own monsters but oh man... This ending's cliffhanger was a biiiiiiitch! Come one man! I need to know what happens next?! Lol

Ahh!!! I loved this book if you can't tell. Lol







No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top