Sunday, December 29, 2019

{Review} Tormino's by Yuuki Haneda

Synopsis

Title: Tormino's
Series: Tormino's Book 1
Author: Yuuki Haneda
Pages: 135
Published: November 22nd 2019
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Genre: Young Adult
My Rating: 3/5
Add To: Goodreads

Miles Sonatas’ parents approved for him to get a part-time job during his final years of high school, but he soon learns the family restaurant he works at is anything but normal. He is immediately welcomed by his co-workers, and oddly enough, finds himself accepting of their quirks. Such as the lazy manager, Cyrus who calls everyone by their last name and sits in his closet of an office all day. Or the chefs, Shasta, who is very protective of his kitchen, and Sierra, who has a song stuck in her head. Then there are the other servers, Anita, who is searching for her soulmate, Oliver, a struggling artist who lives in the restaurant attic, and the ever clumsy waitress, Ramona.
When Miles catches Ramona on the first day, everyone believes love in the air. Despite this new habit, Miles and Ramona insist there is nothing between them. Or is there?
A slice of life novella featuring a cast of colorful characters and the hilarity and romance that ensues.


My Thoughts

★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for a honest review.

This was such a cute quick little read! I didn't want it to end!
I really enjoyed how the characters were playful with each other but managed to be serious as well. It's like when you just click with someone right off the bat and they are this important person to you even though you just met. But it's okay because your souls just mesh well, if that makes sense? Lol

Anyway, I really liked the dinner set up too. It was cute how everything managed to happen and it reminded me of the TV show Friends, kinda.

The only thing is, I wish there was more. I felt like it lacked something. Maybe a little more detail with the characters? I loved how close they became so fast but I also wanted to see more of them blossom. I didn't feel much connection with some of the main characters. Even though I found them cute, I just didn't connect with them? I just really wanted more.

That ending was adorable and ended to fast for me. Lol I wanted it to last forever. And knowing there is a book two makes me so happy that I'll be able to see these characters again really soon! I can't wait!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top