Thursday, January 24, 2019

{Review} The Beast of Rose Valley by J.P. Barnett

Synopsis
Title: The Beast of Rose Valley
Author: J.P. Barnett
Pages: 224
Published: March 4th 2019
Publisher: Evolved Publishing LLC
Genre: Adult/Thriller/Supernatural
My Rating: 4/5
Add To: Goodreads

Something evil stalks the citizens of Rose Valley—not for the first time, but hopefully for the last.

After suffering through a horrific car accident, Jake Rollins struggles to survive in his tiny hometown of Rose Valley—a place to which he hoped never to return.

When a sheep is viciously mutilated on the ranch where Jake is recovering, he's dragged back into the cloying politics of small town life. While the Sheriff tries to pass off the incident as the work of coyotes, Jake turns to a local reporter and old high school flame, Shandi Mason, to search for the truth.

They discover that this creature has stalked Rose Valley before, claiming nearly a century of carnage and intrigue, all starting with a shameful secret guarded over by one of the town's most respected citizens.

As livestock mutilations escalate into deadly attacks on humans, and the Sheriff organizes a foolhardy manhunt, Jake and Shandi must race to save the town from a seemingly unstoppable evil.

My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for a honest review.

I don't usually read books like this but I have to admit, I was really impressed with this book.
It was fast paced and really grabbed my attention.

I did have a few issues but not many. I felt like there were to many characters, while I get they all have important parts, there were just times where there were so many that I didn't know who was who. Also, when the action happened, I feel like it was rushed and kinda jumpy. I got the idea of what was going on but there were times I was wondering what happened from point A to point B. But it was still good! Don't get me wrong.

I've never read a book like this before. I honestly thought this dude was a werewolf or something but nope. Lol And the person I thought it was, I was wrong... Kinda. Lol It def keeps you questioning. I really loved the ending though. It was the perfect kind of ending for me and all my answers got answered.

The characters were all great. Even if it was hard to remember who was who. Lol There were only 4 I disliked and one of those I REALLY REALLY hate. He should have been shot imo. Won't say who, but I' sure you will know when you read it. Lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top