Tuesday, January 1, 2019

{Meme} Beat the Backlist

I originally came across this meme on Lindsi's (Do You Dog-ear) blog not to long ago and I admit, it peeked my interest but I kinda went "ehhhh" and snailed away. Something about it just kept me thinking about it. Mainly "oooo motivation to finish those books clogging the way - that you feel guilty for not finishing 2 seconds after you got it." Lol But it's true. I do have a lot of ARCs that I have on the back burner" with the promise of - I would come back for them later... and later turned in to days, weeks, months. Mainly because they didn't catch my attention right away, I got more than one at a time and one just seemed better than the other so I would read it and forget about the other and of course the "ooooo shinny!" books that you get and read because "ooooo it's shinny!" Lol Y'all know what I mean.


So... After some thought, I did hunt down the post again and went to Novelknight's blog to read up more about it and it was like a checklist. Lol "yes. yes. okay, yes yup. oh yeah. mhm" by the end I'm like "yeahhhhh I need to do this."  Lol soooo givin it's the first and I just started a book today that was released 93841986 years ago (kidding, I think it's from 2014 if I remember correctly - but it's not a ARC, it needs to be read anyway) I thought, why not. So here I am!

#BeatTheBacklist     #BeatTheBacklist2019

Not really SURE what I want to read this year to knock this down but I know my Goal will be to read at lease 10 or 20 backlisted book. Some I know for sure are:
  • Zom-b by Darren Shan
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
  • The Assassin Game by Kirsty McKay
  • These Dark Wings by John Owen
  • The Form of Things Unknown by Robin Bridges
  • Someone I Wanted To Be by Aurelia Wills
  • Glitter by Aprilynne Pike
  • Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge

Those are just a few I would like to get knocked out of the way - not promising I will actually get to them though or even finish them but I am going to try with all my might to read and finish them! I should not have so many backed up - but as they say, shit happens.


If you would like to sign up for this meme; head on over to HERE and fill out the goods! Comment here if you plan to as well so I can check out your post. ^_^

STARTING GOAL: 10
(May or may not change number later.)

That being said, I am also going to attempt the Hogwarts mini challenge! 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top