Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Chromosomes by Ashleigh Reynolds

Synopsis

Title: Chromosomes
Author: Ashleigh Reynolds
Pages: 209
Published: June 2017
Publisher: Legendary Books
Genre: Young Adult/Supernatural
My Rating: 4/5
Add To: Goodreads

Sweet freedom lasted half a day.
Emma Hill longed for the day when she would be free to live her life. Free from the endless cycle of foster homes. Free from the life that defined her for twelve years. She had a lot of ideas about her new start. None of them involved being the prisoner of a mad scientist.
Emma is kidnapped on her eighteenth birthday and brought to a facility that is run by a man hell-bent on creating monsters. She is thrown together with one of his creations, a young man that is equal parts terrifying and intriguing.
Together, they escape, seeking refuge in a desolate town. But her companion isn’t the only thing that goes bump in the night, and the person running the facility will do anything to get them back.


My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for a honest review.

Chromosomes was a really quick and interesting read. 

I really don't think I have read anything quiet like this before. The story line kept me completely sucked in on the edge of my seat. 

The only thing I wasn't to big on was the stockholm syndrome. I try not to use that term because I know when you go through a traumatic experience you tend to bond completely with the person you went through it with. Buuuuut I can't not use it this time because first she was kidnapped then she was stuck with a guy who dang near killed her every time he got mad and still, she fell for him. 

That being said, while I wasn't a fan of that, I really did enjoy the book. Though short, still managed to keep me entertained and made me fall in love with the characters. Seven might have worked my nerves, in the end. He grew on me. Lol

I wanted more to that ending! Lol It was so bittersweet! I LOVED IT!

2 comments :

  1. Definitely sounds like something I'd enjoy. I've never really read something with a Stockholm syndrome, I'm kinda curious now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would actually love to read your thoughts on it. I'm sure your review would have deeper entail than mine. LOL

      Delete

Back to Top