Monday, December 19, 2016

Interview with Kelly D Smith


Welcome!!


Let's kick off this interview~

Could you tell us about Rock Stars aren’t for Country Girls?
Rock Stars aren’t for Country Girls was a bit of a treat for myself. And to everyone else, because I mean – who doesn’t want to know what could go wrong (or really, really right) when a rock star falls in love with a country girl. I’d love to tell you everything but instead, I’d rather let my writing speak for itself. So, here is a free excerpt. Scroll passed the buy link. It’s there, I promise!

What inspired you most to start writing this one?
I’m a country-rock-girl and I wanted to play with the idea that rock and country have to clash. But what would happen if you put a rock star and a country girl together- hence the name. Rock stars are fun, and country girls can be a handful- there is no doubt about that! So I just saw so many ways that these two could really keep each other on their feet!

Can we look forward to any more installments or other new books?
I’m sure hoping so! So far, we have four boys in the bad, and only three of them have girlfriends! Also there may be plans for a gay band manager that I’m super excited to work on and just haven’t found the time for.

For new readers, what book do you recommend they start with?
Start with whatever one floats your boat the most! These are all part of a series but they can be read as a standalone. The further into the series you go, the more girlfriends you find- the first one can be read after the third!
If you like a story where the heroine denies her feelings for the hero because of a bad past relationship and the hero proves her wrong: Rock Stars are Trouble
If you like a girl who wants a hookup and maybe a FWB but has the hero prove they could be more: Rock Stars are Fun
If like a story about family, love, and rock and roll- with some sex: Rock Stars aren’t for Country Girls.

What is something you'd want readers to take away from your books?
Well, most of all I want them to feel like they didn’t waste their time! But other than that, I want them to take away a sense of connection with my main character (Any of them in this series). My girls always work really hard, even though they are dating rock stars and there is no doubt, these guys help in their own way but I didn’t want the girls to be lazy, or one dimensional. They have flaws, they have insecurities, and they have their own dreams.
If that book were made into a movie, who would you have play the roles?
This is a tough one and I was just asked it. I think Taylor Momsen would be amazing for the roll. She’s already got that rock and roll vibe that I would love to see. As for the male, I don’t know. I’d love to see someone lesser known.

What was the first book you ever wrote and what age did you start it?
The first book I finished, I was 15. Before that I’d been writing 3 years.

What is the most challenging thing you have to deal with when writing?
Somedays it’s writing, others it’s finding a publisher, still others it is marketing or networking or editing. It all depends on the day.

How do you deal with writers block?
I write through it, normally. Or plotting if I’m really having trouble.

When writing, do you just let the words flow or do you start with an outline?
This all depends on what I’m doing. If I’m writing a thriller, I want to have an idea of where it is going. If it’s just a light, fluffy romance then I might see where it takes me. If I’m driving and I have some really great ideas, I’ll use that as a plot.

On average, how many words do you write a day?
Depends on the day mostly! I try to get at least 30,000 words done but because I often juggle 4-5 writing jobs (some one time and some long term and one always being my own work) I have to shift things around to make sure things get done in time. That is the most important thing to me!


Rock Stars Aren't For Country Girls

Anna Helbern, a country girl through and through, never expects to find anything in common with a rock star—boy is she wrong.
Adam Cooper doesn’t get what it is about this girl, maybe it’s her passion for music, or maybe it’s that damn tattoo she has. Whatever it is, when he asks her to do a country album with him (something no one would expect from the world’s most popular rock band) she agrees, and they head to LA—together.
Anna won’t give up her dream, and if a rock star is what’s going to make it happen, she’ll take the chance. But when she gets to LA, she can’t believe the ride she’s on, and soon it becomes clear that she doesn’t want to get off any time soon.
Goodreads link||Author Page

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top