Monday, July 11, 2016

Candlelight by Stacy McWilliams

Synopsis
Life was full of nothing but darkness for Nathan Stevenson until Jasmine appeared in his life. She brought his innermost desires to the surface. She burned her way through to his heart to become embedded in his soul. He knew she was dangerous but would she break down his wall as he dreamed of her touch and fought against the impulse to protect her?Would their love be enough to defeat his demons? Was he strong enough to resist her or would her light burn irrevocably?




My Thoughts

★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.
Oh my gah the urge to punch everyone in the throat is so freaking strong!

I loved loved loved this book and am so glad it was written! It is awesome to see more into Nate's life and wonder why he is such a bipolar blue waffle douchenozzle
Yet still leaves just enough space to make me want to stomp his balls into a mud puddle.


I really think this book should be read first before the others because I can almost guarantee if you read Luminosity first, you won't want to finish the series. At least this one opens the air a bit so you won't be so closed off.

What I really don't get is .... why Nate is all "human-y" when his sister does pretty much the same thing as he does. I don't know. It just works my nerve that all these get away with everything but if Nate farts crooked, his psychotic whore of a mother (Inner monologue: *gasps* that's not nice! Yeah, well, she is a demon. She is not nice either.) goes utterly and nonstop psycho. It is ridiculous. 

The main thing I was not to fond of was the overuse of the word "fuck". After a while, it seemed to actually take away from the story for me.

Ya know... I have dissed most of Nate's family but I haven't really said anything about the nutcase that calls himself a father.... Whoa. I mean, really. Wow. 

He HAD to be a hard character to write....Or maybe Stacy is just releasing her inner Satan. LOL!! but really. I don't get this man. It is so horrible to act "human"? whaaaaat?!

But yet he does human things every day. Job, Family, Providing for said family....At one point even told Nate to take up running to be kinda a coping thing to clear his head, but mother dearest gets a bug up her butt and suddenly daddy dearest and her both beat his brains in because he is to "human"? yeahhhhhh okay, whatever.

I still liked this book though and can't wait for the next book!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top