Thursday, June 30, 2016

Luminosity (Escaping Demons Saga) by Stacy McWilliams

Synopsis

Jasmine Johnstone's life was relatively normal until she was forced to live with the Stevenson family. As she stayed she found she had no choice but to battle mythical creatures. Strengths she never knew she possessed began to surface, surprising those around her. Her only chance of surviving the rising tide of evil was Nathan Stevenson. Could she really trust him as he fought against his love for her? With the world against them and time running out, would their love be enough to defeat demons?




My Thoughts
★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.
I wanted to rate this book more than 3 stars. I really did. But there is just something about it. It just kept me so angry that I truly and honestly couldn't enjoy this book.
I can not for the life of me understand why she would put up with abuse from these people. Why wouldn't she fight back? She says so many times that she is going to fight back, and literally right after she says that, she ends up with a fist in her face.
.....It also left me with a lot more questions than answers. For example, why the social worker didn't see what was going on (unless she must have been one of the demons) or ...and I know this question is going to be really stupid, but... how is she getting money to buy things when she doesn't have a after school job and the family hates her.
And then there is her power of throwing a guy off her to the point he flies through the air.... wheeeeeere did that come from? O.o

I wanted to enjoy the book so much, and it kept me sucked in where I didn't want to put it down, but for the sake of my health and not flying off the handle and breaking my kindle, I had to put it down quite a lot. And even when I finished it, i had to sleep a while before I could even put my thoughts together.......yet they are still scattered. lol

I like the MC, I do. I want to see her grow. I want to see her fight back. I want so much for her, I really really really hope she doesn't keep letting bad things happen to her, I hope she kicks her demon guy to the curb and drowns him in Holy Water. 
I doubt that will happen though. Poor girl is on a one way trip to hell to satisfy a scummy demon. :(

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top