Saturday, June 18, 2016

Delivered by Angels (Entertaining Angels, #3) by Emerald Barnes

Synopsis

Determined to escape her abusive father and drunken mother, Lexi Johnson turns to the blade to numb her pain, but it isn’t enough to end her misery. She’s convinced that not even God could save her now.
Roxy Taylor is the new girl in town, and Lexi doesn’t trust her, especially when she teams up with DJ Tucker to try and break down the barriers that Lexi has put in place.
Little does Lexi know, there are greater forces battling for her life, and as Lexi begins to open up to both Roxy and DJ, she’ll see that she isn’t alone in this world.
In the heart-pounding sequel to Entertaining Angels, everyone’s favorite angel, Zach Taylor, is back, and he’s there to make sure that Madison and Chase Sanders are on the path that God has chosen for them, a path that could deliver Lexi from the demons who want her soul.


My Thoughts
★★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.
Emerald Barnes has done it again! How she isn't THE number one best author everywhere, I have no idea. We need to make that happen. Lol
Anywho, this book was so so so so amazing... Well, amazing doesn't cover this book and right now I honestly can't think of a word to cover it other than astounding in all the best ways.
This book made me cry so much but also gave me such hope. I remember being this girl when I was a teenager. Yeah, our lives were different, but our cutting battles were the same.
I loved that she kept Mads and Chase in the loop and kept us updated on them, but I'm also in love with these new characters.

I liked Roxy, but sadly, I didn't LOVE her. I mean, I know it's new being "human" but... it's kinda like ... I'm not even sure how to explain her... hard? Hard, I suppose. like she knew she needed to do this, but she didn't really know and it just made her so mad. I don't know. maybe I'm just use to Zach, he took being human much better than Lexi. Lol

Once again in the battle to save ones soul, I was in awe over this story. How a story can be so different, even though you know the outcome, it still just melts your heart and keeps you on your toes, gasping in awe and fear when something happens.
I'm so thankful for these books because even though I had this problem as a teen, doesn't mean my demons have gone away. They are still here and they still talk, but this book shows me that no matter what, God is still here and He still loves me and He wants me to keep fighting and I'm not fighting alone.

I really would recommend this series to everyone.

2 comments :

Back to Top