Monday, April 18, 2016

Ugly by Margaret McHeyzer

Synopsis

If I were dead, I wouldn't be able to see.
If I were dead, I wouldn't be able to feel.
If I were dead, he'd never raise his hand to me again.
If I were dead, his words wouldn't cut as deep as they do.
If I were dead, I'd be beautiful and I wouldn't be so...ugly.
I'm not dead...but I wish I was.
*This is a dark YA/NA standalone, full-length novel. Contains violence and some explicit language*



My Thoughts
★★★ Stars
I received this book via NG in return for an honest review.
For the sake of my mental health, I have to put this under Did Not Finish at 23%.
The blurb really should have also added "Trigger Warning: Sexual Assault" among other things.
From start to finish has me so jacked up, I'm shaking, crying, and I feel so sick and scared. My husband is having one hell of a time trying to calm me down.

Normally, I do not rate DNF books, but I actually think this book deserves stars. Why? Because how the author writes..... It's like it really happened to her. Like she knows.... What victims go though. How they feel. How some handle it. The author made you feel ..... every single feeling. 
As someone who has been sexually assaulted then raped three months later... This book was very hard to even get to 23%. I wish I could finish it. I really do. But I can't, and I don't think I ever will. The book seems so amazing though. The writing and stuff. Margaret McHeyzer has that rare gift that allows readers to feel everything. Though ... this is a book, I really don't want to feel. I wish her all the luck with this book though.

Please note this review is only for the first 23% of the book!!! I have no idea what happens later, so things may change that I have no idea about!
THIS BOOK HAS TRIGGERS!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top