Monday, August 31, 2015

Sudden Secrets by C. Lee McKenzie

Synopsis

One Secret
Cleo has struggled to heal after her baby sister's death, but the flashbacks to the accident won't go away. With the move, she vows to keep her tragedy a secret and avoid pitying looks.
One Mystery
Something's strange about the abandoned house across the street-flashes of light late at night and small flickers of movement that only someone looking for them would see.
Everyone says the house is deserted, but Cleo is sure it isn't, and she's sure whoever is inside is watching her.
Another Secret
In one night, Belleza's life changes forever. So famous, her only choice is to hide her secret from the world so she can silence small town bigotry.
Then Cleo happens. 



My Thoughts
★★★ Stars
I received this book via NG in return for an honest review.
Great ending, but I didn't like this book all that much. It seemed to take forever to get into the story and it kept bringing up this big horrible thing that happened that tore up the whole family but it wouldn't tell you exactly what happened or who's fault it was (though you could assume; you never really knew) it that just bugged the mess outta me. The main character in this book just made me wish someone would bounce her head off some concrete. She was a brat who didn't care what her actions did to others and all she thought about was herself. She helped herself to whatever she felt like. Had I been around her, I would have told her off. I'm glad everything came together at the end though... but I was expecting so much more from this book. It was a let down.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top