Monday, July 20, 2015

Hawthorn (The Darkling Saga #1) by Jamie Cassidy

Synopsis

A house on a hill.A house filled with mirrors.A house with eyes that watch their every move.
“I hate it on sight. It’s dull and large and clunky, a creepy old house with a creepy house smell.”
Learmonth village has a history, a past that they hold dear, superstitions that they cling fast to. Learmonth House, however, is governed by its own set of rules, its own past and Gemma and her family are about to discover just what those rules are. Learmonth has a pact with the darkness and the darkness is hungry.



My Thoughts
★★★ Stars
I received this book via NG in return for an honest review.
I really liked the story line, but there was just to much for me to really enjoy it. I am guilty for believing this was a "ghost" kind of book. While what it's really about did shock me, it just reminded me too much of Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark. Also, it tended to jump a lot in the second and third part, that I had to go back a few pages to make sure I didn't miss anything, and it took me a while of continuous reading to see what was going on; though honestly, there are still some things I'm not sure about. There were also some things about it that made me uncomfortable reading.
I really enjoyed the characters. They were all so different but managed to not overshadow any other characters. I liked how each character had a roll to play.. Well, except for her best friend/boyfriend. He was a jerk anyway. I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top