Sunday, July 12, 2015

Dragon's Future by Kandi J. Wyatt

Synopsis

Every child of Woolpren dreams of becoming one, but only a few are chosen. Now, ten-year-old twin brother and sister, Ruskya and Duskya, have been selected to join an elite group of riders: dragon riders. Full of awe and excitement, the twins leave their mother, and their home, to train for their new lives.
Fifteen years later, dragons are becoming extinct and riders are rare. One day, Ruskya is at the general store in town when a man announces that he is recruiting new dragon riders. Ruskya goes undercover, and discovers that there is another colony of riders with their own agenda—a quest to find a mysterious plant that could restore the dragon population, or destroy it. When a battle erupts between the two colonies, it’s up to Ruskya and his friends to fight for their dragons’ future, and their lives.
Follow Ruskya’s quest as he finds courage and friendship in this exciting middle grade fantasy series by new author Kandi J Wyatt.


My Thoughts
★★ Stars.
I received this book in return for an honest review.
I really liked the story line of this book, but there was just to much that I didn't like. All the names were confusing, I honestly don't understand why everyone had a Y in their name (Except the very few at the end). It made it hard for me to tell everyone apart and it literally wasn't till the very end that I started to remember who a few of them were. Sadly, Ruskya and Duskya are not remembered. I don't remember who was the guy and who was the girl. I didn't feel much connection with the characters either. There are two more things that REALLY bothered me about this book. One being "Ruskya, you deserve to know this. Your parents were my niece and nephew." To me, that is implying that it was a incestuous relationship. Which is just, EWW! and the second being when a female dragon gets taken by some sicko and "breeds" her. Which to me, implies rape. Maybe I'm seeing this all wrong, maybe not. That's just what I got out of it and it makes me sick to my stomach. I give the ending props, because it was adorable, but I rate this book two stars.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top