Sunday, April 12, 2015

Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth

Synopsis

One choice can transform you-- or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.


My Thoughts
★★★★★+ Mind Numbing Stars.
I can't even right now. Oh my gosh. This was so awesome! Good gah at the suspense! It's like I was on a roller coaster and it was just building, going up, up, up. I thought I was going to explode and/or have a heart attack! It's kinda funny because I was just going on and on reading and thinking "I can't take much more! I can't take it!"
What'd I do? ... Kept reading! Haha!
I have so many mixed emotions though because this showed a whole new side of Tris, and honestly, I didn't like it. It made me so angry at her. I mean, helllooooo you have this great guy who really cares for you. Why keep things secret? She was just keeping everything from him and I really didn't understand why. Was it because of where she came from or what? Scared he wouldn't love her the same? I have no idea. I think if it was in front of my face (which I'm sure it was) I still wouldn't get it. Oh well. Amazing awesome hella epic book anyway!
There were so many things that happened that just sideswiped me. I'm still kinda reeling after this book. I think it'll take me a while to actually get over what just happened.
That ending though!
A cliffhanger! REALLY?! That is NOT fair!
I have GOT to get my hands on the next book before I go insane.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top