Friday, October 24, 2014

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Synopsis
It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on. 
His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live—not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.

Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.
Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.
My thoughts
★★★ 3.5 stars.

I honestly wasn't expecting a book 2.
Book one ended so well, I was caught off guard by book two.
But that didn't stop me from finishing it quickly.
I was expecting more from this book. 
It seemed dodgy and seemed to drag by at a slow pace.
When the action did come up, it was a fight scene at the end and it ended to soon.
I feel like a lot was missing from this book.
I mean, I'm glad to know what happened to Anna, yet I'm not because now it just seems worse?

The bond between Anna and Cas was strong and beautiful.
Even a little creepy I suppose...


2 comments :

  1. I know what you mean! I LOVED Anna Dressed in Blood to pieces! However, this one didn't really do justice to Anna or Cas... :(

    PS I'm Fari from Goodreads! Remembe me? (Even though we don't really talk much! ;P

    ~Fari @ My Little Corner for Books: http://mylittlecornerforbooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I remember you! ^_^
    and I know what you mean, I was WILLING there to be more pages that did justice... It didn't work though.Haha

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top