Friday, October 24, 2014

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Synopsis

Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…
1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?
2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.
3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)
Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)
My thoughts
★★★★★ 5+ amazing stars

Where to even begin?
This story is about a bold and bright girl 
just trying to make it through school in one piece.

When it boils down to it, 
it's a story of a teenage girl who's life is more or less, great.
When I think of the "perfect family" I see her, 
her parents, and her brother in a family photo.
Then life kicks in and yanks the rug out from under 
her and sends her flying to her butt.
The world as she knows it comes to a stop 
when her father goes to war and is killed in Iraq.
Her brother leaves as soon as he can to go to college 
and her mother becomes a workaholic.
At 14, how else should anyone feel other than angry?

For full review please go here:
Confessions of an Angry Girl Full Review

Quotes
― “If anyone ever tried to figure out who I am based purely on my iPod, they'd never be able to do it. Public Enemy is followed by the Pussycat Dolls and preceded by Patty Griffin. I love my Florence + The Machine as much as my Rihanna, my White Stripes as much as Black Keys. I pride myself on my eclectic musical taste, which has everything to do with Peter and probably not that much to do with me.” 

― “Sweater, Metallica is one of the greatest bands that ever existed. That will never break up. Ever. Ain't you seen Some Kind of Monster?” 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top